Saturday, July 9, 2011

Babeland Body Essentials Kit - Romance



A few weeks ago I received the Babeland Body Essentials Kit from Babeland for review.  I actually requested this product because I was interested in trying more of Babeland brand items.  I had tried the Babelube Natural in the past as well as a Babeland Body Massage Candle and loved both.  Plus, you all know by now how much I appreciate a good massage.


The Babeland Body Essentials Kit is available in four different color/scent variations.  Love (pink), Delight (yellow), Pleasure (blue), and Romance (orange).  I received the Romance kit.  Everything in this kit is nestled neatly into a clear plastic container representing the color of the kit.  This makes it easy to pack everything back up and keep it all together, and is great for storage. 


You get a lot of bang for your buck with this $24 kit. 
The items are small, I would absolutely say travel size, but with each of these products, a little goes a long way and there is a lot of sensual and relaxing massage enjoyment packed into the box.  Plus it's a great way to try several different products to see what works for you and what you enjoy most of all.

The 1/4 lickable body oil in the orange Romance kit, is a delicious chocolate orange.  Ingredients include simply sweet almond oil, and flavorings.  I was hesitant at first because I don't normally go for edible/lickable products...they are just not my thing, so before attempting to use this I poured a little on my hand and massaged it in.  While I love orange and citrus scents, I wasn't sure I'd like the chocolate scent in a body product but I actually quite enjoyed it.  It gives just the right amount of sweetness to really draw you (or your partner) in for some kissing, while the orange keeps you energized.  The taste is slightly sweet and more of chocolate than orange to me.  I do recommend massaging it in well before licking though, because who wants a tongue coated in oil?  Not me! 

The body massage oil is in a one ounce bottle with a flip top cap.  It's size is perfect for holding in your hand and the cap makes it super easy to apply more during the massage.  The scent in the Romance kit is Orange Blossom and it is heavenly.  Citrus scents are just so clean and refreshing.  While the massage with this oil is relaxing, the scent is uplifting and energizing.  Perfection!  It contains only sweet almond oil and fragrance (I love that there is not a huge list of hard to pronounce ingredients with this!), and can also be used as a moisturizer.  I like to use massage oils to give me legs and feet a rub down after a shower because they keep my skin so nice. 

The massage oil spray was something I was excited to try.  I have several bottles of massage oil and sometimes, they can get a little messy when I'm pouring the oil if I'm not super careful and sometimes I do pour a little more than I need to.  With the spray, I can spritz just enough and never too much.  This is the pretty much the same as the body massage oil (the only difference is the addition of cyclomethicone to the ingredients) in the Orange Blossom scent, it's just in a different bottle with a spray pump.

I'm sad to say I really was not excited to try the BabeLicious flavored lube, because as I mentioned above, flavored body products just aren't really my thing.  I'm always leery of them tasting horrible or leaving an aftertaste and I worry about the ingredients in flavored lube messing up the balance of my delicate areas.  That said, I played with this and tasted it, but I didn't actually use it for it's intended purpose.  Sorry!  The 1/2 ounce bottle in this kit is the Chocolate Orange flavor.  Ingredients are  Deionized Water, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, Polyquaternium-7, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, and Flavor.  Water based, so safe for use with all of your toys.  This is glycerin and paraben free, and Babeland is a women friendly place to shop for lubes so I do feel confident that this would probably not bother my bits...I'm just overly cautious with flavors.  Personal (even if irrational in this case) preference.  It smells great, and it does have a pleasant (albeit slight) chocolate taste with just a hint of orange so it could be fun to use for a blow job though and I will probably try it for that at some point...I'm just also a little iffy about getting too much lube in my mouth.  Texture thing I guess (if you couldn't guess, I prefer not to swallow too :P  I will, it's just not my favorite thing ever, haha).  Does anyone reading use flavored lubes and want to sing their praises to me?


The massage bar is .5 ounces and almost looks like a little chocolate while it's all wrapped up in foil.  This is actually a full size product, I don't see a larger bar carried by Babeland.  It is very small, so it's super easy to carry with you.  It can slip into a purse easily and it's not at all messy (though it might become messy if left to sit in a hot car or something...though I haven't tested this out).  The scent is Orange Blossom and as I already mentioned, I love it!  I was very curious about this bar, and wondered how different it would be from massage oil and if it would be like using a solid massage candle.  This bar just glides across the skin leaving a thin layer of oil.  It's like the perfect amount of oil for massaging in and you don't have to worry about it running all over the place or getting onto your sheets because it's such a light layer that it absorbs quickly when massaged.  It's a different and yet pleasurable sensation to have the bar glide across your skin too.  Ingredients include cocoa butter, shea butter, and fragrance.  You could use this like a lotion bar as well, it is good for your skin. 


The final product in this kit is a one ounce massage candle, with the nice addition of a small box of matches.  The scent included is Citron Fig, and it is amaaazing.  I love it.  You can actually purchase this individually at Babeland and it will run you $6.  Burn time is roughly three hours (though obviously this will be less if you use all of the oil for massage faster than that).  I personally think that a little goes a long way with these candles, but everyone has a different idea of what feels good to them.  It contains only soy wax, shea butter, and fragrance.  I love the ambiance of candles and it's so nice to have a candle with more possible purpose.  I have previously reviewed a Babeland Body Massage Candle, so you can go read more about this romantic addition to the kit here.  The only differences would be the scent, size, and container.  This one ounce size comes in a cute little tin, which makes it perfect for toting around.  It can fit almost anywhere, it would be sure to fit in an already overstuffed suitcase or overnight bag for traveling and then as a bonus everything would smell nice, haha.

All in all, this is a fantastic kit and offers a great selection of products.  Everything in the kit works well together or on it's own and will give you hours and hours of enjoyment.  I wish I could have a massage with this kit right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment