Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shunga Tenderness and Passion Collection

The Shunga Tenderness and Passion Collection includes an "Intimate Kisses" aphrodisiac oil, "Erotic" massage oil, "Sweet Snow" body powder, and a hand made feather tickler.


The collection comes packaged in a sturdy cardboard box, that displays a beautiful Shunga painting of entwined lovers.  This box would make it ideal for gift giving, and it is sturdy enough to keep the collection inside, or to be reused for another purpose.  Though it is eye catching and not very discreet, I do personally find it to be tasteful.


Upon opening the box, I found that the Shunga painting was also depicted inside.  Nestled securely in a cardboard holder that is fitted into the box, you will find the handmade feather tickler, a black silk pouch that contains the Sweet Snow body powder, a glass bottle with a cork stopper containing the Intimate Kisses aphrodisiac oil, and a bottle of erotic massage oil.  Everything is in a sweet Strawberries and Champagne scent and it is heavenly.  It is sweet and tempting. 


My favorite item in the kit would have to be the Sweet Snow body powder.  This fine white powder (invisible on your skin when lightly dusted) is lightly scented, and it is edible, tastes slightly sweet, without being overpowering.  Very kissable, and almost like a strawberry powdered sugar.  I like to dust a little on my collar bone when I am getting ready for the day, or a little on my inner thighs if I am getting ready for the night.  A little goes a long way with this powder.  I was worried it might feel sticky but that has not been my experience at all, in fact quite the opposite, it helps to keep your skin dry (I love this with the summer heat we're having right now).  The Sweet Snow body powder comes in a black silk drawstring pouch, and inside the pouch you will find that the powder is contained in a plastic bag that has no closure of it's own.  You can use a twist tie if you like, or just close the drawstring pouch tight enough.  I would not recommend pouring the powder directly into the pouch as it will just sift through the silk and you'll have a huge mess.  I am actually not a fan of keeping the powder in the pouch, and I think I would like a more sturdy container for it.  I do find I waste a bit of powder upon pulling the feather tickler out of the bag, it just flies everywhere if I am not extremely careful.  I have only used the feather tickler with this powder and not on it's own as a tickler for play, though that is also an option if that is something that you like.

Ingredients for Sweet Snow include: Modified starch, Corn starch, Aspartame, Natural and/or artificial flavor. 


The Intimate Kisses aphrodisiac oil is a glycerin containing massage aid, that is edible, warming, and of course is meant to increase sexual desire.  I found this to be a bit intimidating because it is thicker than other massage oils I have used and almost appears to be a slightly thin strawberry pancake syrup.  I was afraid it would not be absorbed into the skin and would create a sticky mess that would leave me wanting to run to the shower rather than relax, and well, that just doesn't sound sexy to me, at least when we're talking about massage oils.  I was pleasantly surprised however that it does absorb into the skin nicely. 

The warming is wonderful, and is enhanced by blowing on the oil.  It does not get too hot for me at all, it's just pleasant.  I adore the scent, which is of course Strawberries and Champagne, and is just the perfect combination of scents that make this oil not too sweet and not too overpowering, and it tastes wonderful.  Much like the sweet snow, slightly sweet and with a hint of strawberry.  It can be used as a lubricant and for oral, though if you are sensitive to oil or glycerin you obviously should not.  As well, be sure if you are using a toy with this, that is compatible with oil based lubricants.  I love the glass bottle and the cork stopper (which does come tightly sealed with plastic over it to prevent leakage, but when that seal is removed you do need to be careful because without it, and only using the cork as a stopper the oil can leak out if the bottle is tipped).  It is beautiful and I have it displayed on a bedroom shelf.  You could easily remove the label if that keeps you from leaving it out on display, but I happen to think Shunga's labels are beautiful. 

Ingredients include: Glycerin U.S.P., Propylene glycol, Aroma, Sodium Saccharine.

The collection also includes a bottle of Shunga's Exotic Massage Oil.  I knew I would love this oil as I already had a bottle of it in Vanilla and it is amazing.  I actually enjoy using both the Strawberries and Champagne and the Vanilla together to create my own special scent, and I often use this massage oil as a lotion after I get out of the shower (of course giving my self a mini massage in the process).  A little goes a long way, and it is amazing for dry skin and I don't find it to be sticky...it just absorbs right into my skin leaving me moisturized and smelling great.  The Exotic Massage Oil comes in a plastic bottle with a flip cap top, and it is very easy to dispense. The smooth oil is just thick enough that it doesn't all run out of the bottle at once and I find it easy to pour just the amount I need.  I would recommend storing the bottle upright.  As with the other products, the Strawberries and Champagne scent is amazing.  Slightly sweet, definitely more strawberry than champagne, but the champagne balances it out perfectly to make it not at all overpowering and to even out the sweetness.  I love the way the oil feels on my skin and I enjoy using it to give massages because it helps my hand glide over the skin and it enhances the massage.  I feel that using a massage oil ensures that you massage more evenly because you need to be sure to work the oil into the skin and at least for myself, I pay more attention to the areas I am massaging with oils.

Ingredients are: Cold pressed oils (almond, grape seed, sesame, avocado and sofflower), Vitamin E, Ylang-Ylang and Fragrance.

Overall, I love this collection.  I think it would make a fabulous gift for a bridal shower or as something special for yourself or your lover.  All of these items work well with each other and it is wonderful for a sensual evening.  Currently, you can purchase this collection at EdenFantasys for $47.99. 

I purchased this product myself and was not compensated in any way for this review. 

3 comments:

  1. Great review!

    So glad I found you can't wait to go back and read all your stuff. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rebecccccca, this was a wonderful review. I want one now. lol.And I also agree with you, the packaging and labels are just pretty.

    ReplyDelete