Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sliquid Oceanics Review

"The greatest of all pleasures is the pleasure of learning." - Aristotle
 
Hey all!  Long time no...see?  This month has been crazy.  I have been able to work in the time to try a few new products though. 

I will be the first to admit, I am a total NOVICE when it comes to all things sex toy related.  I'm learning though, and I'm enthusiastic, so that should count for something, right? 

I'm noticing that as I get a little older (late twenties here, people, not old, but older, and yes, a couple of kids later) that a little extra lubrication is a good thing.  I first discovered lube when I was breastfeeding my oldest.  It was just necessary for a little while there.  I was embarrassed to even need it so I sheepishly grabbed a bottle of KY something or other in a small bottle with a pump and that was that.  Used it here and there until I didn't "need" it anymore and ended up throwing it out.  I get plenty wet on my own normally, but I am finding that I like the added slipperiness I get from using lube, and also learning that it is not anything to be embarrassed about, even if you do need it.  Up until this past month though, I hadn't tried anything I couldn't get at any random drug store.  When I was offered the chance to try, and review, a better quality lube found at Babeland, I was excited. 

They sent me a bottle of Sliquid Oceanics.  First of all, I love the name, Oceanics.  It just sounds so...relaxing.  Sliquid strives to make their lubes women friendly, safe for use with toys and latex, glycerin and pareben free, as well as vegan.  Oceanics is blended with soothing botanical extracts like aloe, green tea, sunflower seed, hibiscus, flax, alfalfa... and natural seaweed extracts of carrageenan, nori, and wakame to help heal and support the body.  

Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Aloe Barbadensis, Natural Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Cyamopsis (Guar Conditioners), Extracts of Hibiscus, Flax, Alfalfa, Green Tea & Sunflower Seed, Carrageenan, Nori, Wakame, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid (Citrus Fruits)
  • Carrageenan offers the benefit of being one of the most effective lubricants found in nature, and has been shown in lab tests to help prevent the spread of HPV (Genital Warts), which is one of the most common STD's.
  • Wakame is a red algae often used for its anti-wrinkle & skin revitalizing properties, as well as being a natural source of Vitamins A, B, C and E.
  • Nori is a type of green algae, and is an effective natural moisturizer, as well as being a great source of B Vitamins (Folic Acid) and minerals, including Zinc, Iodine, Iron & Copper.
I love that I can pronounce everything on the ingredients list and I feel like when I use this, I know what I'm putting on/in my body.  I also love that with this product I don't have to be concerned about UTIs or yeast as a result of use, and that it's water based and I don't have to worry about which toys I use it with. 

Like I mentioned above, I really only had previous experience with KY and some of the "drug store brands," and while they have their time/place and introduced me to the fun of lube, I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable leaving them laying out and about in my bedroom.  The packaging that Sliquid Oceanics comes in is very presentable.  It's a lovely dark bottle that is 100% recyclable, and is complimented with a simple and elegant label that is printed on recycled paper.  To me, it almost looks like a bottle of lotion and I have actually left it on my bedside table for a few weeks.  It will probably stay there until it's gone.

As far as how it feels, my first thought was that it was thicker than I was used to.  That's just a drop on the back of my hand there in the picture.  My second thought as I rubbed it on was that it felt very, very nice.  I could immediately feel the soothing properties.  I was expecting it to have a bit of scent to it, but surprisingly there was none.  No taste either, at least from my little lick just to see.  I let it dry there on the back of my hand after rubbing it in and it left no residue, and did not dry and peel/crack or anything like that.  Just rubbed in like a lotion. 

More importantly it felt amazing in action.  I found a little went a long way since it is so thick.  I did not have to reapply at all.  I did notice that with vigorous rubbing it did get a little bit sticky (not enough that it was bothersome though) and slightly...foamy?  I actually found the white foams to be interesting given the name Oceanics, it reminded me of the peaks of ocean waves.  Over all I really enjoyed this lube, and it blows everything else I have ever used out of the water.

Look, I tried to be fun and take a picture next to sea shells.  I know, I'm not funny.  :P

A huge thanks for Babeland for sending me a bottle of Sliquid Oceanics in exchange for this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment