Thursday, March 31, 2011

Burning Desires Set Review

"Love is the irresistible desire, to be irresistibly desired." - Robert Frost

I love massages.  Giving, and of course receiving.  I find the focus and the movements I make while giving a massage to be relaxing.  I think my massages were one of the reasons my husband married me.  Or at least one of the reasons he decided I was definitely a keeper when we were dating.  ;) 


I often use lotion for our massages, but I had not yet tried oils, and I certainly hadn't been brave enough to try a massage candle.  I had always been intrigued by the idea of massage candles, and in the interest of stepping out of my "comfort zone" I jumped on the offer to review The Burning Desire Set from Babeland.  I really don't know what I was afraid of, and I am so glad I did.

The Burning Desire Set is made by a company called YesForLov.  This romantic kit comes packaged in an attractive black box that would be suitable for gift giving.  It includes a 1.7 oz massage candle, a small box of matches, and two hidden message cards.



  • Candle ingredients: soy wax, palm kernel oil, sesame indicum oil, cera alba, parfum, cinnamyl alcohol, coumarin, eugenol, isoeugenol, limonene








  • The massage candle is set in a sleek black candle holder, that has a curve that makes it easy to hold, and easy to pour.  I immediately fell in love with the scent, and have since used the oil as a perfume on more than one occasion (I don't even have to light the candle for that, I just run my finger across the top of the candle and then apply to my pulse points, the heat of my finger softens the candle just enough).  Aside from the fact that it smells amazing, it also serves to make me smile every time I wear it and flash back to the romantic evening we had using this candle for the first time.  I think what I was most afraid of with massage oils and candles was the oil.  I was afraid it would be too greasy and too messy and just too hard to work with.  I was very pleasantly proven wrong with this candle.  The oil was hydrating and while I did spill a little on my sheets the first time I tried to pour the oil, before I got the hang of it, it did not end up staining.  There was no waxy residue left either once the oil dried on our skin, which was also something I was concerned about.  We were just left with moisturized skin that smelled heavenly.  I have since ordered a bottle of massage oil to try as well.  Yay for breaking free of comfort zones and enjoying new experiences!  Also, yay for an excuse to have more massages!!  As if we really needed one...but hey...  :)


    The box of matches was a very nice touch to have included with this set, and I appreciated not having to run down to my kitchen to get my own matches when we were ready for our evening. 

    As soon as I lit the candle the first time, curiosity got the better of me and I held both hidden message cards over the flame to reveal their secrets.  I won't tell you what they said, but I will say that they were sexy and sensual without being too over the top or racy.  Perfect little messages for a tender and romantic evening.

    Thanks Babeland for sending me the Burning Desires Set, I am so glad to have been given the opportunity to try this set!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment