Saturday, March 5, 2011

Babeland's Satin Bondage Kit

“It’s not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.” - Marilyn Monroe

As someone new to the world of toys in the bedroom, I wanted to start somewhere a little less intrusive.  I have always liked the idea of light bondage (actually, I wouldn't mind working up to more later...) and I love when my husband pins me down in a fit of passion.  When I had the opportunity to select an item from Babeland for review, I decided to give their Satin Bondage Kit a try. 

The package from Babeland arrived in a discreet brown box.  No mention of Babeland anywhere on the box, much to my relief.  I had never ordered from there before and I was curious if, despite the claims on their website of discretion, there was something, somewhere, on the package to give it away.  I breathed a small sigh of relief when the package came.  In fact, it came with a few other packages and after looking at it, I puzzled as to what it could be.  I tore it open not really thinking about it, and then realized what it was.  Haha!  Luckily I was alone, and luckily it is fairly tame, had I not been.  The kit was also packaged tastefully in a clear plastic bag, which I also liked.


I love the satin drawstring bag that was included to keep everything neatly packaged together.  The kit includes an adjustable black satin eye mask (imprinted with a small pink Babeland logo), with the ties being two and a half foot long each, so that they can reach down and also double as wrist restraints.  Hot!  The mask is large enough to completely block vision, and it's super soft and comfortable against your skin.  Also included are two five foot satin sashes, to use any way you please.  We have a king size bed so I was pleased to find that these were definitely usable with our bed posts.  I could see the silkiness of the fabric being a problem with someone who isn't great with knots, they might slip loose easily...but luckily my husband rocks with knots. 

They also included a little "instruction" sheet.  I find that this Satin Bondage Kit is a great introduction to bondage and can be used lightly...or not.  Your choice.  As someone new to bondage I really appreciated the simple and elegant feel to this kit.  It was not too over the top for a beginner, and really quite fun to play with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment